Gunnedah is the hub of one of Australia’s richest agricultural regions – the Liverpool Plains in North West New South Wales – and is located on the Kamilaroi and Oxley Highways. Gunnedah has a great variety of shopping, dining and entertainment venues. Residents and visitors will appreciate the variety of great cuisine that the local restaurants, pubs, clubs and takeaway venues have to offer. You will marvel at the beauty of the district and enjoy the hospitality and comfort that only the local people can offer. Genuine smiles and the natural beauty of the landscape paint a picture of real country Australia. It is little wonder that this beautiful area inspired Dorothea Mackellar – author of “My Country”, to write some of her amazing poetry and prose.
By Road :
- Gunnedah is 5 hours drive inland along the picturesque New England and Kamilaroi Highways from Sydney and 7.5 hours from Brisbane.
- Sydney to Gunnedah â€“ 5 Hours
- Brisbane to Gunnedah â€“ 7.5 Hours
- Newcastle to Gunnedah â€“ 3.5 Hours
- Dubbo to Gunnedah â€“ 2.5 Hours
- Armidale to Gunnedah â€“ 2 Hours
- Tamworth to Gunnedah â€“ 45 Mins
By Rail :
- The Country Link Explorer train services Gunnedah to and from Sydney daily. For more information call 13 22 32
By Air :
- Tamworth Regional Airport has regular passenger flights which operate several times daily to and from Sydney. Tamworth is anÂ easyÂ 45 min drive from Gunnedah. For more information call 13 13 13
Local Transport :
- Gunnedah Radio Cabs â€“ 02 6742 0069
- Hopes Bus Service â€“ 02 6742 0457
- Hire Cars â€“ 1300 767 339
Do you like Koalas ?
Gunnedah is proudly home to one of the largest and healthiest Koala colonies in the world. Koalas are often seen walking along main streets, lazing in parks and even wandering across local cricket pitch. Keep your eyes peeled one might be just around.
Shopping at Gunnedah :
Gunnedah is a hub for one of NSWâ€™s richest agricultural regions and as such, has established a shopping and service centre to cater for the local and broader community as well as visitors with a complimentary blend of big name stores and locally owned businesses.Book Now